Oscar Heyman came to the US between 1905-6 having apprenticed with his uncle Latvia, a supplier of objects to Fabergè. After working for Cartier until 1912, he and two of hisbrothers, Nathan & Harry, opened their own shop on Maiden Lane in New York. They were later joined by three younger brothers and two sisters who also immigrated to New York. In the decades that followed, the Heyman brothers kept all aspects of their manufacturing “in-house” and became know for their high-quality manufacturing of jewelry, particularly their work with platinum and diamonds. In fact, until 1950, the firm worked strictly in platinum. In 1969 they moved to their current Madison Avenue address. Oscar Heyman died in 1970, but the firm is still owned and run by the Heyman family.